St. Mary's Polish Church
The church was first opened as a covered basement, but was completed in 1918 in a modified Gothic style, modelled on a Polish church in Quebec. Home of the Pogoria Polish Folk Ensemble and originally the foundation of St. Michael’s Polish Benefit Society before the church was constructed, the Parish Church of the Nativity of St. Mary is provincially registered under the Heritage Property Act, and the only designated site recognizing Polish Nova Scotians. The church was destroyed by fire on November 29, 2014. Plans to rebuild were announced on May 3, 2015.